Blog Catalog

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rare, terrific writing

Some of the best writing on television ever is probably agreed to have been the old, original "Twilight Zone" with and by Rod Serling.

It was fresh and unique--you never knew, from show to show, quite what you were going to see and usually the reward for seeing it was great.

And that kind of thing is going on right now, honestly, with "Lost", the television show about the people marooned first on an island and now in time.

Only because it's an hour long show each week and because it's covering 6 years--and for a lot of other reasons, it is, in my view--and, I think, in a great deal of other writers and viewers--quite likely some of the best, if not the best tv writing ever.

If you've watched it from the start, you know what I mean.

If you aren't a regular "Lost" viewer, I recommend getting the first season and watching it through. It's extremely well worth it.

You won't believe what you see. It just doesn't compare to anything you've ever seen on television or in movies or anywhere else.

1 comment:

GOPnot4me said...

As I have never seen a single episode of "Lost", I have nothing to add there.

However, I agree with you that Rod Serling is one of the best TV writers (and regular ole-fashion'd writers) ever.

He died too young.